Friday, October 17, 2008

Herefords, Holsteins, and Angus

Today was my first “Casual Friday” at my new gig. I think I erred on the side of comfort.

Looking back now I can see how silly it was to arrive wearing my version of “casual” without doing a proper reconnaissance. However, I thought I understood the concept.

There seems to be a lot of denim here; jeans are everywhere.

So, I am obviously not fitting in.

You see I wore shorts. It wasn’t that as a former velodrome sprint racer I wanted to show off my legs…. it just seemed like it would be ok.

Above the waist I am out of touch as well. Polo shirts are rampant, and I have even seen a couple of Tshirts. However, I am wearing a jacket and tie.

I don’t know how I missed the target so badly. Everyone is wearing jeans and polo shirts, and I am wearing an Official Angus Young Schoolboy Uniform.

I suppose I am like a meteor that is too big to burn up in the atmosphere. Even if it isn’t always the right impression… I ALWAYS manage to make an impact.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's ok. Just ask yourself, what would Marty Northstein do? And I think you'd be in good company.

Anonymous said...

The problem might be that you have "woodworker legs". I've seen this on other woodworkers when they try to come out of the workshop for a social event and decide to ditch the jeans and wear shorts. Usually the visible skin between the socks and shorts is a fluorescent white, some would call "pasty". It can be alarming to "normal" people who don't spend all of their free time indoors making sawdust.